Ayurvedic Foot Massage
Who can study Ayurvedic Foot Massage?
If you are a Holistic Practitioner, Spa Owner/worker, Relaxation Massage Practitioner, RMT, Aromatherapist, Reflexologist or are wanting to get started in Holistic Healing or Massage then this is a wonderful modality for you to add to what you are already doing, or to get you started on the path. No prior experience in massage or body work is required. This Foot Massage incorporates some relaxing moves on the body as well as foot massage techniques to encourage a fully relaxing experience.
About the Course
The course includes a full day of theoretical and practical instruction. A Certificate of Attendance will be awarded at the end of the course. You will be learning how to do a beautiful hour long Ayurvedic Foot Massage session while your client is lying down fully clothed. The class is limited to 14 students. There is a home study segment which you will be required to complete before the course. Materials to be looked over will be sent to you a week or two prior to class time. You will need a massage table or a zero gravity chair to be able to do this massage. Although we will be touching on some basics of Ayurveda, this course is not a course in Ayurveda.
This course may be recognized by many Complementary Medicine governing organizations in Canada. CEU and CEC credits may be available.
Full certification is available and may be obtained by completing extra work and doing a practical and written exam.
Tuition : 1-day Course $220.00 plus tax, includes manual and Certificate of Attendance (early registration discount applies)
See Registration Page: http://www.indianheadmassagecanada.com/registration.html or speak with the Academy.
Please note: You must have a massage table or zero gravity chair and a rolling stool to participate in this class
This modality is not suitable for those who have bulging varicose veins or other unexplained bruising to the lower limbs. Please do not sign up for the course if you have either of these, as you will be practiced on in the training.
Requirements for Ayurvedic Foot Massage Certification
- Full certification may be obtained by completing the following:
- 40 case study sessions
- Write up a summary of the case studies based on your experiences and observations. This can be handed in at time of testing. Case study materials will be returned to you when testing is complete. 40% of your final written mark is derived from your case study work
- Written exam worth 60% of the final written mark. You will have one hour to complete the exam, all materials covered are in the course manual. The format of the exam is multiple choice
- Practical exam consisting of you doing a full session on the instructor/tester. You must be able to demonstrate your knowledge of the techniques learned and the proper sequence in which to do them
- The passing mark for both the practical exam and written part is 80%. A certificate in Ayurvedic Foot Massage will be issued once the above work is completed
- A Remote Certification Process is available to those who have attended the AFM course in person, but who live away from the Canadian Centre of Indian Head Massage.You have up to one year from the date of your class to complete certification.Certification Cost: $100 plus tax. Payable at time of testing
If you are interested in more of a course description: http://www.indianheadmassagecanada.com/whatis.html