Reiki (ray-key) is a Japanese technique, with a Tibetan historical context, that is beneficial for stress reduction, pain management and deep relaxation. It is gentle, yet deeply powerful. It holistically aims to relieve the body of physical, emotional and spiritual blockages.
The practice of Reiki is the art and science of channelling the universal life energy. In other cultures it is referred to as prana, chi, ki or spirit. It is a tool for transformation and healing.
It was re-discovered by Dr. Mikao Usui in the early 1900’s. Reiki is a simple yet powerful ‘hands-on’, non-invasive technique that can be easily learned by anyone. It is the attunements that make it unique from other hands-on, energy healing techniques.
It is traditionally taught in Degrees or Levels.
All levels include an introduction to the Canadian Reiki Association plus information on the responsibilities involved within municipalities with relation to by-laws.
Niki Klein is a Registered Teacher
Canadian Reiki Association (CRA) and an
Affiliate with the
International Center for Reiki Training (ICRT).
If you have taken Reiki training with another Master, you are more than welcome to study further through the Academy. You will be asked to provide your materials for a brief review which will be returned right away plus share in a discussion with Niki.
Quick links to each course level:
Reiki Master Practitioner Level (RMP)
formerly Advanced Reiki Training (ART)
Questions to Ask a Reiki Master
about Reiki Training
Written by William Lee Rand, ICRT
‘There are many people teaching Reiki classes now. Some are highly qualified and may be just the right teacher for you, and others may not have the right energy for your needs. So, the question is often asked about how to choose a Reiki teacher that is right for you. Here is a list of questions to ask any Reiki Master who you are thinking about taking a class from:
- How long have you been working with Reiki? What training have you had? How often do you teach? How do you personally use Reiki? What is your lineage?
- Will this training initiate me into, or progress me within the Usui lineage? If not, then which lineage is it a part of?
- What qualifications are required to take Reiki training?
- What do you cover in your classes? How many hours of class time is included? How much time is instructional, and how much is hands on practice?
- What are the specific things I will be able to do after taking the training?
- What are your fees? Will I receive a certification and a manual?
- May I take notes and tape record the class?
- How many symbols will I learn?
- Is there a Reiki support group in my area or can you help me establish one?
- Will you openly support me in being a successful Reiki practitioner or master?
- Do you have a positive respectful attitude toward other Reiki practitioners and masters, regardless of lineage or affiliation?
Be aware of how you feel about their answers and if they are responding in a loving manner that is supportive and empowering. ‘Listen to your heart and you will be guided to the right teacher.’ ”